These beautiful cob courtyards are genuinely designed and built by the young people and adults who use them!
What we can offer
We offer a full package including:
- Consultation and design with the participants and other stakeholders
- Planning application
- CDM2015 compliant commercial construction processes
- Fully inclusive construction process for participants with accredited outcomes
We only build with natural materials to ensure we offer an inclusive and safe construction environment, and a beautiful end product!
- Cob (earth)
- Round pole timber
- Local stone for dry stone walling
- Straw bales
- Natural renders, plasters and paints
Cob has a long history in the UK and is stunning material to work with. From seating areas to earth ovens, from outdoor classrooms to 2 storey houses, cob is a versatile and highly robust construction material.
It is also very eco-friendly as it’s non-toxic and “breathable” – so it’s safe to build with and be in – and it’s locally sourced and fully biodegradable. Cob is also very sculptural and any one can build with it!
And finally, cob is fire proof so it’s perfect for oven/fireplaces and places where fires might be a concern.